12:16 AM | Posted in
Like all normal human beings, I've been on both ends of lie. What I've failed to really take the time to think about...is... now this can get confusing...but let's try this example:

Imagine a cat and a mouse, who have an intentionally lifelong bond for whatever their reasons may be. One day the cat decides to lie to the mouse.

If the cat lies to the mouse...

Does it cross the cat's mind - what if the mouse knows the truth the whole time and is just observing how far the cat will take the lie? Does the cat automatically think that just because things seem normal with the mouse, that's all that matters and they've gotten away with it? Or does the cat ever think to itself, if the mouse knew the truth and just took all the lies in, how painful it can be to have something silently eating away at the mouse? how would the cat feel?

OK, before I confuse anyone further than I already might have...I just felt the need to express my frustration about people who think they are slick enough to lie about something when in actuality they aren't.

I'm no expert and obviously I am not a pulse monitoring lie detecting machine. I have, however, been taught by trained professionals how to observe a person's speech, body movements, responses, etc. in order to determine whether or not a person is lying. I've also read many studies about lie detection and have watched actual footage of real criminal interrogations to help develop my detection skills. To this day, I'm not sure if I mentioned to anyone the extent of how much I've studied this...or whether it mattered to anyone or not. As an HR Manager, one of my main responsibilities is to handle employee relations issues. You wouldn't believe the issues that have been brought to my attention, some sad, some easy, some irritating, and some can be completely fucked up! To deal with these cases, I've learned that you have to have thick skin, impartial attitude, and good judgment of both character and actions. In other words, if an employee or a manager is trying to swing something shady...I want to do all that I can to make sure that doesn't happen. Anyway, enough about that. I'm just really sick of being lied to. Most of the time, people lie to me about things they have no reason to lie about! Maybe I'm the mouse wondering if the cats who lie to me know or even care what I could possibly be thinking. What I do know is that I've managed to not expect people to think one way or the other. I'll just wait and see I guess. In any case, allow me to drop some thoughts of mine about it...

Have u ever looked into a persons eyes
And see the kind of proof you fear?
There’s just no way in hell to disguise
Lies...projected on your face…clear

Like crystal it’s heard in crisp detail

Why is the subject of truth a constant fail-

Ure lack of interest to have a clean conscience

You watch as I deteriorate, weaken, become nauseous


Listen to you spit lies when you think you got me?

Shit, I’d never bet on your undercover ability

You forgot I’m skilled, trained to judge one’s character

Investigate daily, watching for devil’s messengers

Fabricate reasons to create diversions from fact
Been around too many, too easy to call your act

Common excuses ring constant, making me deaf

Body language is textbook…face it…you got no truth left


Sometimes I wonder how it possibly feels

Have the nerve to lie even before the last one heals

Forreal? I plead daily, “MAY NO ONE FUCK ME OVER”

Yet I’m helpless like a straight inmate forced to bend over

If that thought never dawned on you, I hope it haunts you each day

If you can live with that sight, to hell for your soul, I’ll pray.

If I was an enemy or stranger, who’d expect you to care?

The fact is I’m not. You just choose to push me there.

-Jayme E.


Category:
��

Comments

0 responses to "Back to Grown Folks' Problems - Felt the Need to Flow About It"